TIME IS MONEY

TIME IS MONEY
JUST DO IT
Google

Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Forenoon Snow (Minnesota's Emerald Snow)(Now In Spanish and English) 2

Note (by the author): This afternoon, I walked out into the soft snow in my driveway; whizzed the snow away from my car with a broom. Then I remembered how beautiful it all is, winter in Minnesota (how it was, used to be, is); I was kind of in a trance looking at it all descend from the sky, onto the green tree in our yard, the car, driveway, me. I had waked up earlier, and looked out the window (prior to this), and it was boundless snow that filled my eyes: I remember thinking, What a blessing to be able to simply absorb this all . Later on that evening my wife said: I love walking in the snow, she s from Peru, and this is her sixth winter in Minnesota. She has learned there is no other place on earth that has such a wonderful and full winter. Long it is, but beautiful. And then she said that evening as we left the bookstore, to get into our car, Look at the snow how it glistens, it was doing just that with the lights of the bookstore, and arch light by the car, and moon, it all set the mood, touched our senses, this was not a perchance thing, it was a God sent thing; she has learned what we Minnesotans take for granted: Minnesota is by far, the wonderland of all lands in the world, in winter, and St. Paul, is surely the city of cites to enjoy a winter in.
I have learned one must grab the novelistic beauty of a thing, and bottle it, before it disappears
In SpanishTranslated by Nancy Penaloza
Nevada matutina(La Nieve De esmeralda de Minnesota)
Encima-, la nieve de esmeralda fluyeAbajo (Sobre Minnesota verde), Mientras miro fuera de mi ventana:Mirando fijamente sobre los cielos nevosos, Capturo la escena de la ma ana-!
Abundante y r pido, sin problemas:Son-, sus matices nevosos que brillan!... Feliz pens : por ver esta suave
Esmeralda, nieve de la ma ana
S game Oh s , por favor h galo":
Llam a la Nieve de la Ma ana:
S game dentro de mis memorias,
Para tiempos cuando este viejo! ...
940 (12/3/05)

No comments: